Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Got Frenchie, anyone? Surprise Appearance of the Polaris Slingshot

Does anyone recalling seeing one of the Polaris Slingshot on Memorial Day weekend? Visitors who went to the Fairmont Hotel in downtown San Jose during FanimeCon may have recognized the vehicle as shown in the picture. There is only one thing that caught my mind - the particular hashtag that is known as #GotFrenchie, which sound somewhat familiar due to the fact that I saw commercials that involved milk drinking known as the "Got Milk?" campaign. So in my short blog, I decided to figure out on my own on what the hashtag in the Polaris Slingshot would mean in my own words. 

My findings reveal that the "#GotFrenchie" campaign relates to the specific bulldog that the owner of the Polaris Slingshot has done. French bulldogs are not anyone's ordinary bulldogs to him - the symbol on the Slingshot possibly has a meaning to his love of the Frenchie. The Polaris Slingshot that he owns is a four-cylinder manual transmission motorcycle, but it's not the typical motorcycle that anyone would see on the streets of Santa Clara County. Polaris Slingshot is classified as a motorcycle according to their definition, but functions as a 2-seater vehicle.

Among all the spectators that came out to take a few photos of the Polaris Slingshot with the #GotFrenchie mark, I was the only person with my GoPro that took several wide shots of the vehicle without actually touching the vehicle. The sad part about this blog is that the owner of the Slingshot did not have time to talk, which limited my blog to only a mere description of what I could remember, leaving me to figuring out more about the Slingshot and the #GotFrenchie word mark that he put on the Slingshot. For instance, I wish I could ask him more about how he decided to create a unique piece of artwork relating to the French bulldog and what it would mean to him.

The only other thing I could remember about him is his nice voice and laughing personality, not just about the French bulldog and the popular hashtag. I'll be surprised if he managed to read this blog and later sneak at all my social media profiles after reading this blog (he'll just have to figure it out). But I won't ever know if I'll see the Slingshot with the #GotFrenchie word mark again.

EDITOR'S NOTES: My Instagram and Twitter pages have the same user name for alignment reasons. Just a reminder that all users that wish to send me private messages (non-email) MUST follow me on Facebook (friend request only), Twitter, or Instagram to do so; all others must e-mail me - NO EXCEPTIONS. This is for my personal safety and security. Offensive languages on social media, my e-mail, or this blog's comments will NOT be tolerated.

Original Work: Kyle Chak
E-mail: chak595301@gmail.com
Twitter/Instagram: @KyleSChak
#OnlyOnKyle

No comments:

Post a Comment